The 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 24TH September 2020 by Zoom at 7.00 pm. Register at www.exeterrowingclub.com/agm
Nominations for Directors: Any member shall have the right to make not more than one nomination, with the written consent of the candidate, for election as one of the Company Directors. Such nominations must be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 17thSeptember 2020.
The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Directors without restriction to the number of nominations. All nominations must have a seconder.
Nominations for Officers: Any Member shall have the right to make nominations, with the written consent of a candidate, for election to any one or more of the Offices of Club Chairman, Club Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Club Captain.
All nominations are to have a seconder and such nominations shall be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 17th September 2020. The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Officers to reach the Honorary Secretary by 17thSeptember 2020.
All other Officer posts and Committee vacancies to be filled by the Club Management Committee as required. The positions of Welfare Officer and Junior Coordinator will be made by the Board of Directors.
Quorum: The quorum for the AGM is 5 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the larger. Voting, including proxies, to be in accordance with the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association.
- Receive apologies
- Approve the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on 10th October 2019.
- Matters arising from those minutes
- Annual Report including Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2020 and the Chairman’s report from September 2019-August 2020.
- Appointment of Independent examiner
- Club President Mr Kevin Dentith
- Election of Officers
- Chairman The Directors nomination is Mr Paul Wilson
- Honorary Treasurer The Directors nomination is Mr Stephen Gibson
- Honorary Secretary
- Election of Directors
- Mr Paul Wilson continues as Director
- Mr Nigel Willmington continues as Director
- Mr Kevin Dentith continues as Director
- Mr Stephen Gibson continues as Director
- Mr Ray Grigg retiring
- Mrs Susan Brooks retiring
- Mr Joe O’Connor is nominated by the directors to serve on the Board of Directors of Exeter Rowing Club Ltd.
- Nominations received for two non-executive directors, free from obligations to other club committees.
- Election of Life Members
- Appointment of Junior Coordinator and Welfare Officer by the Directors.
- Any other competent business Items of any other business to be notified to the Honorary Secretary in writing by 17th September 2020.
- Closing remarks.