Exeter Rowing Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all of our members. We believe that it is important that members, coaches, club officials and parents associated with the club should, at all times show respect and understanding for their safety and welfare of other members . Junior members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with their coach or, if that is difficult or inappropriate, with the Captain or the Club Welfare Officer. The CWO is responsible for advising on child protection matters and for coordinating action within the club on receipt of any concerns or referrals. The club welfare officer is Marcus Allen.
We are committed to making sure that everyone who participates in rowing can do so in an enjoyable and safe environment. To safeguard and protect members, we work within guidance set out by British Rowing:
- We believe that the welfare of young people is paramount – our aim is to ensure that all are protected when training or competing.
- We enable everyone, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual identity – to enjoy a fun and safe environment.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect young athletes from harm, discrimination or degrading treatment, and respect their rights, wishes and feelings.
- We take seriously any suspicions and allegations of poor practice or abuse, and will respond swiftly and appropriately to them.
- We ensure that all adults who work with young athletes, including our coaches and volunteers, are recruited with regard to their suitability for that responsibility; receive guidance and/or training in good practice and child protection procedures; and are subject to checks by the Criminal Records Bureau at the enhanced level.
If you are concerned about a member, or would like to report a welfare issue, please use the Contact Page
More information about Exeter Rowing Club’s specific Welfare policies and procedures is available under membership regulations.
See also British Rowing guidance documents.
[simple-staff-list group=”Welfare Officers” image_size=thumbnail wrap_class=”clearfix”]