Exeter rowing club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect to others and be encouraged to be open at all times and to share concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Clubs Junior Coordinator, Welfare Officer or Junior Captain. As a member of Exeter Rowing Club, you are expected to abide by the following junior club byelaws.
All Junior Members should:
• Make themselves aware of and obey the rules of the sport and the rules, bye-laws and Codes of Conduct of the Club.
• Declare any medical conditions and/ or medication they are taking to their coach or the Junior Coordinator.
• Declare any learning disabilities such as dyslexia, dyspraxia etc. to the Junior Coordinator.
• Ensure they are made aware of and observe British Rowing’s Rowsafe document.
• Respect club members, coaches, opponents, officials and their decisions.
• Take care of all club equipment and assist in the maintenance of this equipment.
• Assist other club members in the care of the boathouse, equipment and grounds.
• Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or Junior Coordinator if they are going to be late.
• Wear suitable kit for training and competitions taking note of weather conditions. Club kit must be worn for competition.
• Have competition entry requests sanctioned by coaches and give these to the Junior Coordinator.
• Pay any fees for competitive events in advance to the Race Entry Secretary.
• Help out in any way you can – cleaning, sorting, repairing and organising social events…
• HAVE FUN!
No juniors are allowed on the premises without a BR qualified coach and at least one other adult person present.
Junior members are not allowed to be key holders for any of the Club doors.
Junior members are not allowed to smoke or drink alcohol on club premises, at club functions or whilst representing the club at competitions.
The Club’s management committee and officials will not tolerate any taking of any prohibited substances by their athletes whether on or off club premises.