Apply to be our Female Junior Captain
Following a very difficult period, it is has been with amazing energy and enthusiasm that the Junior Squad have come back to learn to row, compete in events and even help with coaching this season.
This past year, our Junior Captains; Ella O’Brien and Ed Fuller have paved the way for our squad to be represented by experienced members of the team. They have attended meetings, been integral in planning and decision making and supported and encouraged our young athletes in general. In preparation for the next season in September we are now ready to start the recruitment process all over again. Last year, as part of piloting these positions we also recruited Tommy Fuller as Vice Captain. Although we will not be recruiting a vice position again we intend to honour this position and put Tommy into the role of Captain as previously promised. We did not however recruit a female vice so, for this year only, we will only be advertising this post.
If you would like to apply, please send your application to the Junior Coordinator at email@example.com with details about why you would like to apply for the role and what you think you can bring to it.
Deadline for applications is 1st August.
We look forward to hearing from you and continuing to work with you towards building and improving the squad.
Junior Captain application criteria
- The applicant must be a minimum of 15 years old.
- You should be an enthusiastic person and have a good understanding how of ERC.
- Above all you must be friendly, supportive and an excellent team player.
- It is a great advantage if you have experience of leading a team.
- Social media and promotion skills are desirable.
Benefits of becoming club captain
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop new skills and ideas.
- The role enables you to represent the thoughts and opinions of your team whilst attending ERC meetings.
- The appointment of Junior Captain will look excellent on your CV and UCAS form.
- This is a great opportunity to learn how a voluntary organisation runs and is administered.
- You will gain in developing your confidence, social skills and have fun working with a range of people.