The Coxing Coordinator is appointed by the Management Committee
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist in all aspects of coxing and cox training within the Club and to provide coxes with the ability to make their collective views known to committee.
- To encourage all members to assist in the recruitment of coxes from within work, family, friends, school and college contacts.
- This post is a Committee appointment and the holder will represent coxswains on the Club Rowing Committee.
- To use and further develop the ERC coxing course
- To ensure that all coxes have received basic training and understand the club byelaws on training on the water.
- To advise and encourage coxes in all sections of the Club.
- To pass onto coxes the advice of their crews and coaches.
- To assist the Vice-Captains in selecting coxes for particular crews.
- To be responsible for the electronics required for coxing and coaching.
- To be responsible for ERC lifejackets and buoyancy aids
- To represent the interests of coxes at Rowing and Committee meetings.