This information outlines the current recommendations for members in relation to activities at The Club and Coronavirus.
- Members should follow current advice and should not be turning up to train if they have a new cough or a fever and should isolate themselves. Current advice can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Members should practice good hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly. Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. Advice is to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when arriving at the club and before leaving the club. You should also wash your hand before eating any snacks. See hand washing advice at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/866065/Handwashing_techniques.pdf
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Blade handles and all club equipment should be cleaned before and after use with the sanitising wipes provided.
- Follow any specific advice if you have been on holiday and are returning from an affected area.
- Exeter Rowing Club will attempt to maintain appropriate cleaning supplies but where possible members should carry appropriate supplies to ensure their own health.
We will continue to monitor the guidance available from British Rowing, Exeter Council and other relevant public bodies. At the moment the committee is hoping to continue rowing as usual but should this change we will let you know. You may also want to monitor the British Rowing Pages on the topic.