The 2017 Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 21st September 2017 at Exe Water Sports Association Clubroom at 6.30 pm.
Nominations for Directors: Any member shall have the right to make not more than one nomination, with the written consent of the candidate, for election as one of the Company Directors. Such nominations must be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 14th September 2017. The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Directors without restriction to the number of nominations. All nominations must have a seconder.
Nominations for Officers: Any Member shall have the right to make nominations, with the written consent of a candidate, for election to any one or more of the Offices (President, Club Chairman, Club Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Club Captain). Such nominations shall be sent in writing so as to reach the Honorary Secretary by 14th September 2017. The committee shall also have the right to make nominations for the election of Officers to reach the Honorary Secretary by 14th September 2017.
All other Officer posts and Committee vacancies to be filled by the Club Committee as required. The positions of Welfare Officer and Junior Coordinator will be made by the Board of Directors.
Quorum: The quorum for the AGM is 5 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the larger. Voting, including proxies, to be in accordance with the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association.
- Receive apologies
- Approve the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on 31st March 2016
- Matters arising from those minutes
- Chairman’s report for April 2016- August 2017
- Annual Report and financial Statements for the year ended 30th April 2017 (last year prior to Incorporation)
- Appointment of Auditor/Independent examiner
- Election of Officers
- Chairman The Directors nomination is Mr Nigel Willmington
- Honorary Treasurer The Directors nomination is Mr Stephen Gibson
- Honorary Secretary The Directors nomination is Mrs Susan Brooks
- President – The existing President, Paul Wilson, who was elected at the ERC EGM on 21st March 2017, will remain in post until the AGM in 2018
- Election of Directors
- Mr David Parsons (retires by rotation but eligible for re-election)
- Mr Paul Wilson continues as Director
- Mr Nigel Willmington continues as Director
- Mr Ray Grigg continues as Director
- Mr Stephen Gibson co-opted to Board
- Mrs Susan Brooks co-opted to Board
Proposal that Mrs Brooks and Mr Gibson are formally elected to serve on the Board of Directors of Exeter Rowing Club Ltd and that Mr David Parsons be re-elected for another term of office.
- Any other competent business – items of any other business to be notified to the Honorary Secretary by 14th September 2017
- Closing remarks.