By using boat racks provided by Exeter Rowing Club, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- All racking fees are due on 1st April, the beginning of the Club’s membership year and are payable on demand. A 5% rebate will be paid on all monies received by 1st May to be used against subsequent race, racking or membership fees. Rebates will be applied after 1st
- There is a big queue for racks. If you have a rack and it is not paid for by 1st May it will be subject to reallocation without further reference.
- The committee reserves the right to sell your boat if it remains on club premises with unpaid racking fees for 90 days.
- Racking paid for in advance, beyond the end of the current month, but not subsequently used, will be refunded, please give one month’s notice of any intention to quit.
- The rack is the property of the club and may not be passed on via personal arrangement.
- The club reserves the right, after giving prior notice, to move a boat to a storage rack if it is not being used regularly, and to reallocate the accessible rack to another member on the waiting list
- Boats are stored at owners risk, and the club cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to it, howsoever caused.
- In addition, all club members are responsible for:
- Arranging boat insurance
- Naming my boat in accordance with the EA’s rules
- Obtaining my own boat licence from the EA
Other Applicable Membership Terms
Please ensure that you are familiar with the membership terms that would also be applicable to members racking boats. This is not an exhaustive list and is intended as a prompt. All members are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of, and adhere to the Membership Terms.
- It is the responsibility of members with private bots kept at the club to ensure that they are properly insured and licensed. The club takes no responsibilities for any damage to privately owned boats.
- Members must report any damage to boats, equipment and facilities. Members will be liable for the first fifty pounds (£50) of any repair incurred and may be liable for other costs if the rowing committee deems that member negligent.
- If you are in financial difficulties please speak directly to the membership secretary.